Posted on 07/14/2020
Vecna Robotics seeks a strong and versatile DevOps Engineer with explicit expertise in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (“CI/CD”) and Amazon Web Services ("AWS"). The role consists of a variety of tasks to from manage infrastructure projects and processes to improving security of the solution. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of on-time development and delivery in a fast-paced, customer-centric environment. This position is a full-time, salaried role.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the automated deployment of software across platforms.
- Design, implement, and support:
- an AWS simulation environment to test and monitor performance and feature regression; and
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) strategies.
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve.
- Build and support test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning.
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management.
- Normalize development, test and production environments.
- Monitor existing KPIs and develop solutions to achieve continuous improvement.
- Document and design/enhance new and existing processes.
- Own and maintain the security of our distributed systems.
Minimum Education & Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Required experience with AWS.
- Experience in Azure and Google Cloud Services a plus.
- Experience in multi-agent systems and/or IOT platforms.
- Experience in Apache Tomcat and PostgreSQL administration and monitoring.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies: databases, virtualization, tunnelling protocols, WPA2-Enterprise, FIPS compliance, wireless regulatory/CRDA, message queues, configuration management systems.
- Experience in system design, sizing, provisioning, and implementation.
- The right attitude, including but not limited to the following qualities: collaborative, thoughtful, team-oriented, honest, level-headed, strategic, driven, perseverant, inquisitive, and creative.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in rapid growth and transformative environments.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION