Multi-Robot Coordination Expert
Posted on 07/14/2020
Vecna Robotics seeks a multi-agent planning and scheduling software engineer to leverage our individually smart and capable robots to solve complex problems that require fleets of many agents. Agents must meet deadlines, avoid congestion, respect priorities and react to real-world events and disruptions all while maintaining a high rate of productivity. You will learn about and understand customer workflows and develop the fleet orchestration capabilities needed for robots to interface with and augment existing processes. This is a full-time, salaried role.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Help design systems that efficiently balance and coordinate agent's tasks and routes to meet system-level goals in highly dynamic and complex environments.
- Be instrumental in building systems where robots use real-time and learned information to adapt and augment human workflows for maximum efficiency.
- Implement and develop multi-agent task planning and scheduling algorithms, test them in simulation and on real robots, and support deploying these capabilities to customer sites.
- Interface with enterprise software and the autonomous navigation stack to integrate your work into our overall robot software architecture.
- Develop high-quality, well-documented Java code to contribute to proprietary orchestration software.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Non-classroom experience with multi-agent task planning and scheduling algorithms (internship and/or research experience is ok).
- Experience developing multi-threaded code with at least one of the following: Java, C++.
- Strong analytical reasoning abilities.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-?paced environment.
- Experience with discrete event or agent-based simulation a plus.
- Experience with combined task/?motion planning techniques a plus.
- Experience with ROS a plus.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION