Posted on 07/14/2020
Vecna Robotics is looking for a strong program manager lead to manage development projects. The ideal candidate will be excited about automation with a proven track record of excellence. They will be responsible for coordinating issue resolution and problem solving in a fast-paced environment. This is a hands-on, technical role with direct involvement in the team's development of autonomous solutions. This position will be a highly visible role and will interact with all levels across the company. This is a full-time, salaried position.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the execution of the projects through agile practices.
- Work closely with the team's Product Architect to develop and maintain the team's development road-map based on company priorities.
- Act as cross functional liaison between departments, including but not limited to business development, product management, marketing/sales, engineering, and manufacturing.
- Identify and mitigate risks, facilitate the resolution of issues, and overcome challenges that surface in the development process.
- Have enough technical knowledge in robotics software and hardware to understand constraints and realistic mitigations.
- Improve processes that increase the velocity of the team while also ensuring a high quality of work.
- Help improve program management processes by suggesting and implementing new processes or process changes.
- Foster a culture focused on transparency, speed of decision-making, and a synchronized partnership between teams.
- Manage related outsource development projects.
Minimum Education & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing technical projects.
- Strong analytical reasoning, organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of agile development practices, especially Scrum.
- Experience with Jira.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating dynamic meetings and coordinating among high energy participants to direct toward productive results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate information to any level within the company.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to adapt to change and proceed on decisions made with varying levels of uncertainty.
- Experience using metrics and data analysis to support and drive beneficial improvements.
- Experience with supply chain management and vendor relations.
- PMP certification a plus.
- CSM a plus.
- Six Sigma certification a plus.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION