Robotics Software Engineer
Posted on 07/14/2020
Waltham, MA / Remote
Vecna Robotics seeks software engineers to develop robotic systems that can reliably perform increasingly complex tasks in dynamic environments. You will help design, integrate, test, deploy, and maintain new machine intelligence functionality across the globe. You are a team player who is excited to solve challenging problems and the products you work on will incorporate the latest research-level algorithms from academia and Vecna's own internal research and development, with a focus on robustness as well as performance. You will join a diverse team that is dedicated to making a real-world impact, using advanced, creative technologies. This is a full-time, salaried position.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement and evaluate machine and system intelligence algorithms, and modify them as needed for applications.
- Be proactive in suggesting improvements, solving problems, and escalating risks.
- Design and perform tests to verify software in simulation and on robots.
- Reduce the need for human involvement to install, configure, and support robots in the field.
- Able to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Help build the smartest robots in the world.
- Have the ability to work remotely.
Minimum Education & Experience
- 2+ years experience (class projects not included) with a BS, or some experience with an MS in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, or relevant engineering degree.
- Software development experience in one or more of the following areas: robotic controls, planning, navigation, human-robot interaction, manipulation, machine learning.
- Experience in at least one of: C++, Python, or Java.
- Strong analytical reasoning, organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) and Linux preferred.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION