Senior Robotics Software Engineer
Posted on 07/14/2020
Vecna Robotics seeks senior software engineers to develop robotic systems that can reliably perform increasingly complex tasks in dynamic environments. You will help design, integrate, test, deploy, and maintain new machine intelligence functionality across the globe. You are a team player who is excited to solve challenging problems. You will join a diverse team that is dedicated to making a real-world impact, using advanced, creative technologies. This is a full-time, salaried position.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead design and development of major features and capabilities.
- Implement and evaluate machine and system intelligence algorithms, and modify them as needed for applications.
- Design and perform tests to verify software in simulation and on robots.
- Reduce the need for human involvement to install, configure, and support robots in the field.
- Provide valuable code review feedback to team members.
- Follow emerging technologies as well as keeping up to date on new versions of frameworks in our tech stack.
- Able to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Help build the smartest robots in the world.
Minimum Education & Experience
- 3+ years experience with a MS, or 2+ years experience with a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, or relevant engineering degree.
- Software development experience in one or more of the following areas: robotic controls, planning, navigation, human-robot interaction, manipulation, machine learning.
- Expertise in at least one of: C++, Python, or Java.
- Strong analytical reasoning, organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) and Linux.
- Experience with grant writing or proposal writing a plus.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION