Robotic Weld Technician
Posted on 07/16/2020
Lavonia, GA (USA)
The Weld Automation Technician will be responsible for the following activities:
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Automated Weld Cells.
- Assist in the development and documentation of standard production processes for all applicable Carry on Products, meeting or exceed all product quality and cost requirements.
- Regularly monitor all Weld Cell related critical process parameters to ensure continuous operation within established process tolerances.
- React to observed process abnormalities by performing detailed problem solving, defining root cause and adjusting the process as required in order to return to normal standard operating conditions.
- Drive Continuous Improvement within the Welding Department through data collection, analysis and problem solving.
Provide a Quality product to all downstream customers
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect all System Related safety devices for proper function prior to start-up of the system.
- Must follow all OSHA and plant safety rules including, lock-out tag-out, etc.
- Lead the daily Weld System start-up and shutdown requirements, following all defined Standard Work.
- Trouble shoot and drive timely corrective action for any system related functional failures.
- Perform assigned Elec/Mech preventative maintenance of Robots & Welding Machines and Tooling at established frequencies and following all defined standard work (Fanuc, Miller & Lincoln). Drive continuous improvement to assigned Preventative Maintenance tasks.
- Teach & Coach machine operators to perform assigned Autonomous TPM tasks.
- Monitor and report issues observed within the Weld Systems, make recommendations for refurbishment or repair based on production factors such as part quality, cycle times or over all process capability.
- Monitor all critical to Quality process settings throughout the Weld Systems on established frequencies. Record all changes made to the process settings during operation, such as Speeds, Feeds, Amperage setting, robot paths etc.
- Lead work cell change over as required in order to meet established production schedules while following all established Standard Work.
- Develop new processes, assess and document new and existing processes. Implement and evaluate changes to existing processes designed to improve product quality, productivity and overall equipment efficiency.
- Work with equipment and material vendors as needed to resolve machine, material and process issues.
- Review and understand the daily production schedule ensuring all customer priorities are known.
- Facilitate the effective hand-off of the Weld Systems to your incoming shift peer. Ensure effective communication of all issues experienced, corrective actions taken as well as critical conditions requiring ongoing monitoring.
- Write detailed Standard Work as Required.
- Continuously seek ways to improve the daily operation of the Weld Systems.
Provide technical leadership and mentorship to all other technicians, operators and plant personnel.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Excellent Mechanical & Electrical aptitude
- Welding Process Knowledge
- Robotics Programming, Trouble Shooting and Repair
- Knowledge of Welding Process Development, critical process parameters and common failure modes.
- Demonstrated ability to safely start-up, operate and shut down Welding related equipment. Must be able to work independently on new process development as well as troubleshooting current production issues.
- A demonstrated thirst for knowledge and a desire to grow personally
- Ability to Multi-task.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to work as a key member and leader of a team when required.
- High energy & Dependable
Additional traits and competencies that define the successful candidate are:
- Consistently demonstrates highest level of personal ethical conduct
- Results driven with emphasis on keeping customer and business commitments
Minimum Education & Experience
- High School diploma is required.
- Formal Training and Welding Certification or Equivalent required
- Formal Training in Robotics Programming, Troubleshooting and Maintenance (Fanuc specific a plus)
- Minimum 2yr. Technical College degree or a formal Apprenticeship is highly desirable.
Formal training in some form of disciplined Problem Solving format is desirable
Work Experience Required:
- 5-8+ years of experience working with Robotic Welding Systems within a repetitive manufacturing environment.
- Ability to program and trouble shoot Robots (preferably Fanuc)
- Demonstrated experience trouble shooting electro/mechanical systems
- Demonstrated experience trouble shooting and maintaining highly accurate weld related fixturing
Demonstrated experience performing routine Maintenance functions on Manufacturing Equipment
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION