Senior Software Applications Engineer
Posted on 12/03/2020
Rochester Hills, MI
FANUC America Corporation is the world leader in robotics, CNC systems and factory automation and has been voted by our employees as a Top Workplace year after year. Our innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas to be more efficient, reliable and profitable. FAC is currently searching for a Senior Software Applications Engineer in our General Industries group. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Act as the FANUC America product expert for the HandlingTool Software package and related options, applying technical understanding of this package and available options to support the needs of FANUC robot customers.
- Identify opportunities for new software products, define new software products to fit market opportunities and manage the introduction of these products, providing product and application support once introduced.
- Drive the market acceptance and sales of FANUC robot software products by:
- Leading evaluation of new and innovative software applications and features
- Demonstrating unique adaptions of available software features and options to solve automation problems
- Act as the focus point for marketing and promotion of HandlingTool Software and related options with our customers and internal and external sales force
- Perform market analysis or other related investigation to identify opportunities for new Software products and features for General Industry and Automotive Customers.
- Perform market analysis or other investigation to determine necessary modifications to existing Software Products and options
- Develop specifications for new software products that will expand the use of FANUC robots into new areas, markets and applications.
- Develop and execute test plans for new Software features and options.
- Develop marketing tools (presentations, webinars, videos) supporting the introduction of new Software features and options, promoting the unique competitive features provided by FANUC robots.
- Develop pricing recommendations for new Software options.
- Evaluate the feasibility of new applications and software features, provide customer demonstrations, support proposal development and related activities required to successfully apply FANUC products with end customers (ex. Amazon, Flextronics, Apple, GM, Chrysler, etc.).
- Identify product concerns and limitations and manage the resolution of all critical issues related to Software Products, acting as the liaison between FANUC product development, the field service organization, executing groups, and end customer/integration partners to successfully resolve identified issues.
- Execute small development efforts or support our internal development groups in the execution of larger development efforts supporting development of new software features.
- Concept, develop, execute, and support world class demonstration cells for trade shows and for permanent display which highlight the industry leading capabilities of FANUC robot products.
Minimum Education & Experience
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent relevant experience, with Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum eight years’ experience with demonstrated success in a Software Product Management, Applications Engineering, or related positions.
- Experience with FANUC robots and software options in a broad range of applications.
- Have developed and demonstrated an ability to identify and define problems and needs
- Define plans to address those problems and needs, and successfully manage the execution of the development plan.
- Must have demonstrated capability in computer and/or robot programming, written and oral communication, ability to successfully work in teams, and effectively manage themselves in a somewhat unstructured environment.
- Interpersonal skills for internal and external resource management (i.e., conflict negotiations)
- Advanced Project management skills (i.e., planning and administrative skills)
- Knowledge and willingness to act as FAC sales contact on projects.
We offer outstanding professional opportunities and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis to be considered for this position. To apply for this position please visit our website at.
FANUC America Corporation
3900 West Hamlin
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
An Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO/AA Employer/Minorities/ Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION