Robotics Control Engineer
Posted on 12/17/2020
Metzingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
HAN’S ROBOT is a high-tech robotics company which is poised to usher the way into the cognitive era by building intelligent robotic assistants which amplify humans and focus on solving societies biggest issues e.g. the aging society.
At HAN’S ROBOT we believe that humans should be able to do what is at the core of the human nature. We want to enable people to express their creativity and focus more on social interactions again instead of doing unhealthy and monotonous jobs, which is still very common among the general society. Hence everything we do is based on the slogan: "WE SERVE HUMANITY".
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Create something revolutionary: You develop software and control algorithms for controllers of industrial and collaborative robots. The robot control software is the central element for controlling the dynamic movements of robotic manipulators. In addition to the real-time calculation of kinematic systems, the integration, preparation and processing of sensor data is an integral component of the control system. You develop state-of-the-art control methods and implement them according to the highest standards of the industry in real-time software and hardware environments.
Take responsibility: You partake as an essential team member in the field of control software development. You organize and execute development projects on your own to help realizing complex control algorithms in our product development. You cover all steps from demonstrating the functionality with a prototype and test software to designing and elaborating the final system fulfilling challenging industrial requirements. You help your colleagues to overcome challenges, remove obstacles and provide an inspiring working environment supporting creativity and openness.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
You are a technology enthusiast who wants to change the world to good. You are passionate about your work, driven by a problem-solving mentality and have the following skills:
- University degree in software development, robotics, or a related field of study
- 3+ years of relevant experience in robotics control software
- Profound knowledge in serial kinematics and in both low and high level control algorithms
- Profound knowledge in C++/C
- Knowledge in Ethercat and hard real time ubuntu kernels
- Experiences in multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge in Robotic Frameworks like OpenDDS, OROCOS and/or ROS etc.
- Experience in large software development projects
- Methodical thinking for complex problems
- Business-fluent English and German
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Proven Teamplayer in big software development teams
Minimum Education & Experience
What we offer:
- A young highly motivated international team
- Friendly and comfortable environment
- We love developing people personally and professionally
- Bi-weekly team breakfasts. We have a lot of foodies on board
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION