Compliant Deburring Blade
ATI Industrial AutomationUpdated 07/10/2020
The Compliant Deburring Blade (CDB), patent pending, is ATI’s newest and most versatile deburring tool. The CDB is ideal for replacing manual material removal processes and provides users a high level of flexibility in a simple device. The durable interface accommodates a variety of readily available blades and media used with hand deburring tools. The blades can be changed out quickly, by hand, without using additional tools. The pneumatically-controlled, articulated design of the CDB gives users the ability to tune the contact force to accommodate specific applications by changing the air pressure.
With interchangeable blades and variable contact force, the CDB thrives in an assortment of application environments. This deburring tool excels in light and medium deburring, chamfering, and scraping operations on materials such as plastic, aluminum, steel, brass, and more. The CDB’s axial and radial compliance is ideal for maintaining constant force where surface irregularities are present. Integrating the Compliant Deburring Blade in a robotic material removal application not only reduces robotic programming time but also makes the programming process easier.
ATI’s new Compliant Deburring Blade attaches easily to any robot with an adapter plate. It can also be mounted, in any orientation, to a bench or fixture. The streamlined design does not use any high-speed moving parts—ideal for collaborative applications. The CDB’s simplified programming helps users get up and running quickly.
ATI’s CDB offers users more control to optimize their material removal processes. It is easy to change the blades, the air pressure, and the type of compliance, to achieve a specific result. The new Compliant Deburring Blade from ATI is like having an entire material removal tool kit in a single, straightforward device.
- The pneumatically-actuated compliance mechanism enables dynamic control of contact force to accommodate applications such as edge deburring, chamfering, countersinking, and scraping.
- The robust collet accepts standard off-the-shelf hand deburring blades and media that can be changed without additional tools.
- This adaptable device can be utilized for various material removal tasks on plastic, aluminum, steel, brass, and more.
- No motor noise helps to reduce ambient noise in the work environment.
- A simple mechanical design, without high-speed moving parts, makes this tool an ideal solution for collaborative processes.
- Operators can easily switch between full radial and single-axis compliance.
- Radial and axial compliance allow fast and easy programming of the robot. The movement of the blade compensates for changes in part tolerances, part misalignment, and robot path variation.
REQUEST A QUOTE