SAS Automation - Internal Diameter Gripper - SMALLER VERSION
SAS Automation, Part of the Piab GroupUpdated 03/10/2016
SAS Automation Introduces Internal Diameter Gripper – smaller version SAS Automation recently introduced a new smaller version of their Internal Diameter Gripper (IDG) 16-26-33 ideal for parts that are small, fragile, or have an irregular shape. The IDG grips and releases on command and is highly recommended for manipulating breakable parts. Unlike standard clamps, the IDG distributes force evenly over the entire contact area which is why they are most often used for irregular shaped parts. This new IDG is a cost effective solution when compared to bladder grippers and automated or magnetic clamps.
- Secures ID’s ranging from 26-33mm.
- Requires one compressed air line; spring return
- Extremely strong for its size -- jaws exert 14 lbs force @ 90 PSI.
- Ø1/8” Neoprene rubber cord stock inserts ensure a secure grip – and can be replaced at low cost. Other elastomers can be used and are commercially available.
- Nose adapter can easily be customized for locating or part stabilization.
“This new gripper is simply a better clamping method for small parts that are hard to handle – at a reduced cost,” said Rob Dalton, General Manager for SAS Automation.
About SAS Automation
SAS is a leading supplier of modular robotic end-of-arm tooling (EOAT) components, end effectors & robotic gripper systems – capable of servicing any part and any robot. SAS manufactures in the USA “get a grip!”, and distributes “nip it!” Nile sprue nipper line, and “GRIP IT!“ Asian chucking/gripper line. SAS is ISO 9001:2000 Quality Certified. Specialists in Robotic End-of-Arm tooling & Gripper systems, Sprue Nippers, CNC degating & Insert Mold tooling for manufacturing, packaging & plastics industries.
Model: IDG 16-26-33
REQUEST A QUOTE