SAS Carton Gripper
Piab, Robotic GrippingUpdated 03/10/2016
SAS Automation recently introduced a new palletizing Carton Gripper (EOAT) for plastic bins, Slip-top and corrugated cartons. The EOAT is designed to allow for independent placement of multiple cartons from a single pick.
- Designed for a specific carton size or range of sizes.
- Easily handles carton weights of more than 25 kg (50 lb).
- Tool weight is 70 kg for 2 cartons, 90 kg with Slip sheet and Pallet hook options.
- Welded aluminum frame for strength, rigidity and light weight.
- Robot extension mount for hose and cable clearance.
- Self-guided cylinders provide in-line clamping pressure for carton gripping.
- Stationary bolster plate grips cartons with fine, abrasive surface while providing narrow gap between cartons for tight pallet layers.
- Movable bolster plate has bonded rubber surface with ribs to securely grip cartons.
- New rotating hooks on movable bolsters secure bottom of Slip-top cartons when palletizing.
- Pneumatic valves are available in Discrete I/O, DeviceNet, or Ethernet versions.
- Slip-sheet or Pallet-hook options are available.
- Custom robot mounting pattern.
“This new lightweight gripper is a unique carton tool for palletizing heavy boxes. It’s heavy duty yet lightweight frame will reduce the tool payload while palletizing securely. This gripper is capable of handling cartons of multiple weights/sizes and also reduces set-up time making it a more cost effective solution versus managing individual custom grippers for a variety of box sizes ,” said Rob Dalton, General Manager for SAS Automation.
Model: Carton EOAT
REQUEST A QUOTE