Long Carbon Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic Composites
- Pinnacle of strength and stiffness performance obtainable with injection molding thermoplastic materials
- Shed weight to increase efficiency or reduce fatigue
- Gain a marketing advantage and create consumer appeal with “high tech” carbon fiber composites
Lightweighting has become a buzzword for many industries, whether driven by the need to reduce energy consumption or the rise of device portability.
Engineers often face the dilemma of having to choose materials that potentially compromise performance in order to achieve mass reduction goals.
Enter carbon fiber – strong and lightweight, long carbon fiber reinforced composites provide significant weight reduction and the best strength and stiffness performance available in reinforced thermoplastics.
The superior mechanical properties of long carbon fiber reinforced composites make them an ideal substitute for metals. Combined with the design and manufacturing advantages of injection molded thermoplastics, long carbon fiber composites simplify the re-imagination of components and devices that have demanding performance requirements.
Carbon fiber’s advantages extend beyond lightweighting, its extensive use in aerospace and other advanced industries has given it a “high-tech” perception with consumers – which you can leverage to up sell products or create differentiation from competitors.
Put structural composites that are the pinnacle of performance in your material solutions toolbox. Some of long carbon fiber reinforced composites many advantages include:
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- Resistant to deformation and crack propagation
- Superb load carrying ability
- Exceptional long-term creep resistance
- Cyclical fatigue endurance
- Outstanding dimensional stability
- Performance maintained at low and elevated temperatures
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Dampen vibrations and sound
- Incorporate multifunctional capabilities
REQUEST A QUOTE