Orbit Type SCARA robots YK-TW
Yamaha Motor JapanUpdated 11/15/2018
Orbit type SCARA Robots YK350TW/YK500TW
01. User: We want a smaller equipment footprint.
Layout design freedom
The YK-TW can move anywhere through the full 1000 mm* downward range.
Featuring a ceiling-mount configuration with a wide arm rotation angle, the YK-TW can access any point within the full 1000 mm downward range. This eliminates all motion-related restrictions with regard to pallet and conveyor placement operations, while dramatically reducing the equipment footprint.
Underpass motion Optimize use of the space right below the main unit
Improvement of productivity
The standard cycle time for moving 1-kg load horizontally 300 mm and up/down 25 mm is shortened by approximately 36 % compared to existing YAMAHA models.
- *Measurement may vary depending on conditions.
02. User: We want a higher quality assembly system.
The YK-TW offers a repeated positioning accuracy of +/-0.01 mm* (XY axes).
This is a much higher repeated positioning accuracy than that offered by a parallel-link robot. This was accomplished by optimizing the robot's weight balance through an extensive re-design of its internal construction. The lightweight yet highly rigid arm has also been fitted with optimally tuned motors to enable high accuracy positioning.
05. User: We want to reduce the height of our equipment.
Smaller equipment footprint
The YK-TW offers both a low height and a small footprint.
The YK-TW height is only 392 mm. This compact size enables more freedom in the equipment layout design.
06. User: Parallel-link robots require large frames which complicate installation…
The YK-TW has a total height of only 392 mm, and weighs only 27 kg*.
Due to its low inertia, a sturdy frame is not required.
An optional dedicated installation frame is available for the YK-TW. For details, contact a YAMAHA sales representative.
07. Preparing an installation stand is too much bother… A dedicated stand is available
Setup can be simplified
As an option, we provide a dedicated installation stand for the YK-TW.*
There's no need to calculate strength, so setup can be simplified.
08. User: Operating our equipment in stringent environments is worrisome…
The YK-TW features the same type of resolver as those used in hybrid automobiles and aircraft.
This resolver is a magnetic position sensor. It features a simple construction with no electronic or optical parts, making it far less susceptible to failure than conventional optical encoders. It is this superior environment resistance and low failure rate that makes it reliable enough for use in many fields such as hybrid automobiles and aircraft, etc., where reliability is essential.
|Axis specifications||X-axis||Arm length||175mm||250mm|
|AC servo motor output||X-axis / Y-axis / Z-axis / R-axis||750W / 400W / 200W / 105W|
|Deceleration mechanism||X-axis / Y-axis / Z-axis / R-axis||Speed reducer||Harmonic drive / Harmonic drive / Ball screw / Belt speed reduction|
|Transmission method||Motor to speed reducer||Timing belt / Direct-coupled / Timing belt / Timing belt|
|Speed reducer to output||Direct-coupled / Direct-coupled / Direct-coupled / Timing belt|
|Maximum speed||XY axes synthesis||5.6m/sec||6.8m/sec|
|Maximum payloadNote2||5kg||5kg(RCX340) / 4kg(RCX240)|
|Standard cycle timeNote3||0.32sec(RCX340) / 0.38sec(RCX240)||0.29sec|
|R-axis tolerable moment of inertiaNote4||Rated||0.005kgm2|
|User tubing (Outer diameter)||φ6×2|
|Travel limit||1.Soft limit 2.Mechanical stopper(X,Y,Z axis)|
|Robot cable length||Standard:3.5m Option:5m, 10m|
- In constant ambient temperature.
- Tool flange specifications (optional) apply to the YK350TW (4kg) and the YK500TW (RCX340:4kg / RCX240:3kg)
- When moving a 1kg load back and forth 30 mm horizontally and 25 mm vertically (rough positioning arch motion).
- May need to limit parameters (such as acceleration) according to the moment of inertia being used.
- The recommended positional relationship regarding the center of the load weight (center of gravity position) and the offset amount from the R-axis center are shown in the graph below.
REQUEST A QUOTE