RIA Engelberger Robotics Technology Award Selection Criteria and Process
- Made one or a number of identifiable technological advancements that:
- have been of major benefit to the field of robotics or
- expected to enable major progress in an area essential to the future growth of robotics.
- Contributed to the robotics community for a period of at least 10 years with recognized products, patents, books, or other published work.
- Demonstrated character that will perpetuate and enhance the image of the Award in Technology.
- Must be able to travel to the award ceremony and participate in press conferences at the event where the award is presented.
- Selection Committee is made up of three or more experts in robotics and chaired by William T. Townsend firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations must be received at RIA Headquarters to be considered for award.
- Selection process will be executed in the weeks following the deadline for submission of nominations.
- Process will consider each nominated candidate against the Award Criteria.
- Once selected, recommendations for one or two candidates will be forwarded to the RIA Past Chairs Committee, which will make/confirm the final selection.
- Awardee will be notified.