Pioneering Technology for the Challenges of Today's Marketplace
Industrial Cleaning Robots
Technological Advances & market Growth for Industrial Cleaning Robots
Industrial cleaning robots are typically mobile, application-specific robots that automate industrial cleaning processes. These robots automate routine, dangerous or dirty work for the sake of safety and efficiency. Tasked with a variety of chores such as disinfecting a space and removing toxic paint, they also function to make a work space more aesthetically pleasing and to keep operations running smoothly.
The industrial cleaning robots market is expected to grow at an extremely rapid pace over the next few years. It’s estimated this market will grow at a 74% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 20221. The International Federation of Robotics forecasts the floor cleaning sector of industrial robots to experience the greatest short-term growth, mentioning that advancing technology and greater demand in the US and EU are the main drivers of this market growth.
Industrial cleaning robots are used in many different ways. Some current applications include:
- fully automatic glass cleaning systems for large structures;
- mopping, vacuuming and cleaning of industrial sites and for building maintenance;
- wall climbing robots for boiler wall cleaning;
- cleaning, polishing and paint removal for vessels and tanks;
- robotic hull cleaning of large ships;
- and robotic barn cleaners.
Industrial cleaning robots can autonomously clean just about any industrial surface or work site. As the technology rapidly advances and more robots become commercially viable solutions, the market will see an astounding rate of growth over the next few years.
- Research and Markets, “Industrial Cleaning Robot Market – Global Outlook and Forecast 2017 – 2022”
Join RIA Today
Connect with the Global Robotics CommunityLearn More